10 Grocery Store Secrets Employees Will Never Tell You
1. Cashiers check your egg cartons not for the eggs but to make sure you are not sneaking anything more valuable out of the grocery store.
2. There is actually no official name for the thing that is kept between the stuffs of two customers on the conveyor belt.
3. They change the expiry date (and its legal in most cities).
4. There might be poop on the shopping carts. Yes, sometimes poop encrusted toddlers do sit in them smearing their hands on the nooks and crannies that hardly get cleaned. Even if cleaned they go for cloth wiping instead of using a disinfectant to get rid of such microscopic filth.
5. The conveyor belt does not have a reverse option.
6. Some supermarkets have been reported to sell mislabelled meat. There was this horse meat scandal in Europe some years back when meat from horses was sold as beef.
7. Supermarket employees do not possess any right to look inside your bags. Only the police have the permission to do such a thing. But if you comply to such rules then its a different thing altogether.
8. If you pay with an ATM card at the grocery store then that means a lot of work for the cashiers. They have to ensure that the signature on the card matches the signature on the receipt and if it doesnt the entire payment process is slowed down.
9. Some registers have a hidden cash box where the cashier locks away the excess money. This ensures there is not too much cash at the register at one point of time.
10. In case there if some money goes missing from the register then the managers talk to the cashier instructing them to be more attentive to work. This also happens when there is excess money at the register.
Do you know anymore surprising secrets from the grocery store? Do let us know in the comments section!