12 Facts About Chocolate We Bet You Never Knew
A Balanced Diet is a Chocolate In Both Hands! Chocolate is loved by one and all.We love and enjoy this popular confectionery in all its variety and forms, but just how much do we know about it? Here are 12 fascinating facts about chocolate you probably never knew.
1. Do you know what the word Chocolate means? Ah! We rarely care to know its meaning when we can have them with ease. Well, it comes from a scientific name “Theobroma cacao”, which means “Food Of The Gods”.
2. A study in 2013 found that the fragrance of chocolate in a bookstore made the customers buy 40% of recipe books or romantic novels and 22% of books of other genre.
Image Credit: pbs.twimg.com
3. Too stressed or worried? Chocolates can be of more help than any pills for you. Merely, the smell of a chocolate increases the theta brain waves. This triggers relaxation and gives you an intense mental high.
Image Credit: wereblog.com
4. One of the most amazing facts about chocolate! The Brussels Airport is the world’s biggest chocolate seller as the vendors there sell more than 800 tons of chocolates per year.
Image Credit: i03.fotocdn.net
5. The chocolate chip cookie inventor, Ruth Wakefield, sold her cookie recipe to Nestle for a deal of supply of chocolates lasting for a lifetime! Now that’s what you call a profitable deal!
6. At one point of time, Winston Churchill was plotted to be killed by the Nazis by offering him an explosive chocolate bar.
7. The soldiers fighting in the Revolutionary Wars were often paid withdelicious chocolates.
8. According to a study conducted in 2004, the people of London would agreeably reveal their passwords if they got a bar of chocolate in return.
9. There’s great news for all fitness freaks. Now they can have a glass full of chocolate milk after workout as it is proved to be an effective post- workout recovery drink.
10. The movie Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory got its name from the new Wonka Bar candy. It wanted to advertise its product and was monetarily helped by the Quaker Oats Company. This was the reason it was not named Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Image Credit: earthpop.files.wordpress.com
11. White chocolate is not a chocolate as it does not contain any chocolate. It is made up of cocoa butter (a vegetable fat extracted from cocoa beans), milk fat, milk solids, sugar and vanilla.
Image Credit: homehealthyrecipes.com
12. This is one of the most amazing facts about chocolate. The chocolate industry makes a turnover of about $110 billion yearly.
Image Credit: technoserve.org
Related Articles:14 Unbelievable Uses Of Coconut Oil That Is Not Cooking