20 Awesome Baking Hacks You Just Can’t Miss
1. Here is our first tip in our list of baking hacks! Always use butter that is kept at room temperature. It makes your cookies chewy and mixes well with dry ingredients like flour and sugar.
2. Your eggs should also be at room temperature if they are to be used in baking. This is because the whites and yolks combine easily and evenly into the batter giving you an airier texture of the cookie.
3. Always use unsalted butter. The amount of salt in butter varies from brand to brand so it’s difficult to know how much salt get added to your cookies. Better remain safe than sorry!
4. Want to bake a flawless cake? Make sure you measure the flour properly. Always use a dry measuring cup and scrape off the excess amount with a knife. This is one of the sure-shot baking hacks to help you bake an excellent cake.
Image Credit: cdn-media-1.lifehack.org
5. Avoid those whisker splatters by fixing a paper plate over the beaters. You can cut holes in the paper plate and fix it at the top of the beaters. This baking hack helps you to reduce that post baking cleaning process.
6. Eliminate those cake decoration struggles. A cookie cutter can be the perfect thing to rescue you. Decorative cookie cutters can be placed on top of a frosted cake to get that flawlessly shaped sprinkle decoration.
Image Credit: cdn-media-1.lifehack.org
7. One of the must-know baking hacks is here! Most of us drop an egg shell into the mixing dish. To remove it, wet your finger and try taking it out. The shell will gravitate easily towards your finger.
8. You can also use an egg shell half to remove a broken shell from the dish.
9. It’s important to test your baking soda before baking. If adding 1 tsp of baking soda to a cup of hot water does not produce bubbles, it’s not fit to be used anymore.
10. Want stunning frosting effects? Cut decorative laces into small squares, place them on a cupcake and sprinkle powdered sugar. You will get a beautiful stencilled cupcake.
11. Chill the cookie dough before baking. Allow the dough to chill from 5 hours to overnight as it makes the dough less sticky (making it easier to work with) and helps to bring out a great buttery flavor.
12. Always flour your cookie cutters before using them. This allows the dough to get loosened easily from the cutter. Same reason why you should flour your rolling pins and hands!
13. Heat the knife for picture-perfect cutting of brownies, cake slices and bars. Let the knife remain in hot water for 2 minutes, wipe it with clean cloth and then start slicing. The lingering heat on the knife will allow cleaner and easier slices.
14. If you want a nice room temperature location to store your cake then keep it in the microwave. It’s sealed, dust-free and the cake is likely to remain fresh for a longer time. This is one of the most trusted baking hacks you should try!
15. Use a vegetable peeler to shave off the burnt parts of muffins or cakes. This method works for burnt toasts as well.
16. If you want to make banana bread but have only green bananas then roast them in 300 degrees Celsius in an oven. This will help you to quickly ripen the bananas. A mind blowing baking hack for cakes and breads!
17. Use an apple slice to soften brown sugar that has become rock-hard. Simply place a slice of apple in an airtight container filled with stiff brown sugar. This will soften the brown sugar.
18. Store you cookies with an apple slice or a bread slice in an airtight container to help the cookies retain their moisture for a longer period of time.
19. If you don’t have a frosting pipette then use a syringe. This is one of the best baking hacks that let’s you try out some precise decoration for your cakes and muffins.
20. Use unflavored dental floss to flawlessly cut your cake into layers. Try out these super-cool baking hacks and enlighten the baker in you. Happy baking!